Asbestos, your obligations.
Quebec regulations mention that it is presumed that all materials likely to contain asbestos contain them..
Mandatory asbestos register.
Since June 6, 2013, the CNESST has set up a mandatory asbestos register. This register is used to identify, locate and verify different materials. Indeed, it serves to keep an inventory of the work that is done to either decontaminate or repair problematic materials. Thus, all information concerning these materials is disclosed and accessible.
This register must have at least the following information:
- 1. The date of inspection of the place and / or materials.
- 2. The location and condition of the heat insulators.
- 3. Location and condition of flocking.
- 4. The location and condition of any other materials that contain asbestos.
- 5. Where possible, the absence of asbestos.
- 6. Where possible, the type of asbestos.
- 7. When required, the date and description of any work or actions carried out.
The register must remain the property of the owner or tenants of the place. So, in the event of a move, make sure you transfer the information.
It is important to know that it is not only the employers but also the property owners who are responsible for all materials, equipment, and products on site.
Several other preventive measures are to be put in place by the employer, depending on the situation at work.